Flash target Mp3 decoder attempts? Porting from As3 performance benefits?

Flash target Mp3 decoder attempts? Porting from As3 performance benefits?

cambiata
Are there any Haxe -> Flash Mp3 decoder attempts around?
Something like Claus Wahler's?

https://github.com/claus/as3icy
https://github.com/claus/as3icy/tree/master/source/com/codeazur/as3icy/decoder

If not, would there be any significant performance benefits from
converting Claus's solution 1:1 to Haxe?

I guess this could and *should* be done using something like alchemy goodies..?

Jonas

Re: Flash target Mp3 decoder attempts? Porting from As3 performance benefits?

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 13/11/2011 11:28, cambiata a écrit :

> Are there any Haxe ->  Flash Mp3 decoder attempts around?
> Something like Claus Wahler's?
>
> https://github.com/claus/as3icy
> https://github.com/claus/as3icy/tree/master/source/com/codeazur/as3icy/decoder
>
> If not, would there be any significant performance benefits from
> converting Claus's solution 1:1 to Haxe?
>
> I guess this could and *should* be done using something like alchemy
> goodies..?

Everything that deals with bytes are much much faster when using
flash.Memory (in particular because ByteArrays are sooooo slow). Look at
the recent PNG encoder for an example.

Re: Flash target Mp3 decoder attempts? Porting from As3 performance benefits?

cambiata
Thank you, Nicolas!

Refering to Cameron's project? I'll take a look at it!