Flash: Icons and MOUSE_OUT

Eugeny Melamud

Hi, all!

I'm attaching icon to a parent clip:

var clip = flash.Lib.attach(idName);

parent.addChild(clip);

when I test movie MOUSE_OUT of a parent clip fires out when i roll mouse on icon. Does someone know why?

Eugeny

Re: Flash: Icons and MOUSE_OUT

clemos
Hi

You have to use :
clip.mouseEnabled = false;
This way, clip shouldn't catch any mouse events, these mouse events
will be directly forwarded to the parent clip, as if clip didn't
exist.
(Sorry for the bad english explanation, but I can't do better)

++++++++
Clément

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Eugeny Melamud
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>

> I'm attaching icon to a parent clip:
>
> var clip = flash.Lib.attach(idName);
>
> parent.addChild(clip);
>
> when I test movie MOUSE_OUT of a parent clip fires out when i roll mouse on
> icon. Does someone know why?
>

> Eugeny

RE: Flash: Icons and MOUSE_OUT

Eugeny Melamud
Hi!

        var iconClip = flash.Lib.attach(idName);
The problem was that somehow not iconClip but it's descendant contained the icon. So
        iconClip.mouseEnabled = false;
took no effect. But then I used:
        iconClip.mouseChildren = false;
it helped. Thank you for telling me where to seek the truth!

Eugeny

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>

> I'm attaching icon to a parent clip:
>
> var clip = flash.Lib.attach(idName);
>
> parent.addChild(clip);
>
> when I test movie MOUSE_OUT of a parent clip fires out when i roll mouse on
> icon. Does someone know why?
>

> Eugeny

Re: Flash: Icons and MOUSE_OUT

jlm@justinfront.net