FileSystem.fullpath...

François Nicaise
Hi,
I had some problem while using fullPath.
Quoting Hugh : "The "fullPath" should at least be the path to the exe,
not the path from where you ran it."

So my humble question is : would it be possible to have something like
an 'appPath' method which would give the path to the exe since neither
Sys.executablePath() nor FileSystem.fullPath() can give the good
information within every context.
A simple example is when you want to start your app from a Makefile :
Sys.executablePath() will return the path to 'make' (/usr/bin on linux)
and fullPath will return whatever the path you want to use use to launch
your app.

Maybe there are other tools or workarounds I am not aware of ?
Thanks in advance :)

Francois

Re: FileSystem.fullpath...

Cauê W.
Do you mean Sys.getCwd() ?
Cheers!!

Le mercredi 12 octobre 2011, François Nicaise <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Hi,
> I had some problem while using fullPath.
> Quoting Hugh : "The "fullPath" should at least be the path to the exe, not the path from where you ran it."
>
> So my humble question is : would it be possible to have something like an 'appPath' method which would give the path to the exe since neither Sys.executablePath() nor FileSystem.fullPath() can give the good information within every context.
> A simple example is when you want to start your app from a Makefile : Sys.executablePath() will return the path to 'make' (/usr/bin on linux) and fullPath will return whatever the path you want to use use to launch your app.
>
> Maybe there are other tools or workarounds I am not aware of ?
> Thanks in advance :)
>
> Francois

Re: FileSystem.fullpath...

François Nicaise