Failed to load library: nme.ndll

dlots
I compiled nme source with newest hxcpp and set haxelib dev to new path. When running haxelib run nme test on Samples/02-Text or any other sample i get:

Uncaught exception - load.c (232) : Failed to load library : nme.ndll

Re: Failed to load library: nme.ndll

rammserker
Did the compilation of NME end successfully? In what OS are you compiling? Have you set all environment variables? NEKOPATH env variable, for example?

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: Failed to load library: nme.ndll

dlots
Windows XP, I'm recompiling nme for cpp. What does it mean when this tutorial says:

And rebuild nme, like before, except that the “obj” directory should be removed first, because I have not yet allowed 2 compilers to be running at the same time.

2 compiler processes running at the same time compiling or multiple targets for nme?

2011/9/24 Maximiliano Fernández <[hidden email]>
Did the compilation of NME end successfully? In what OS are you compiling? Have you set all environment variables? NEKOPATH env variable, for example?

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: Failed to load library: nme.ndll

rammserker
Sorry, I had to go. I use Linux, so I cannot tell you something useful to help you. Some time ago I compiled NME from source. Was a stressful task, but reached to my objective. I didn't have that problem you had, but had some others. When I compiled it I done something like:

1) Get hxcpp from SVN ( http://code.google.com/p/hxcpp )
2) Cmd: haxelib dev hxcpp $path_to_hxcpp_svn_version
3) Cmd: cd $path_to_hxcpp_svn_version/runtime
4) Cmd: haxelib run hxcpp BuildLibs.xml (Also, you can put compilation flags like -Dandroid to compile the libs for android toolchain. I compiled in that time the Linux ones: -Dlinux)

Next...
1) Get NME from SVN ( You know where ) and sdl-static ( don't have the URL right now ). The directory tree may look like:
 sources-dir/
   |->nekonme/
   |->sdl-static/
2) Cmd: cd $nekonme_dir/project
3) Make sure you have all enviroment vars ok: HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH, HAXE_HOME, NEKOPATH (Perhaps I forgot some var) and the includes are also ok (Don't have a list right now, but I remember having troubles with freetype include files and some other)
4) Cmd: haxelib run hxcpp Build.xml (You can use compilation flags, as with hxcpp libs)

And after make that:
1) Cmd: cd $nekonme_dir/install-tool
2) Cmd: haxe InstallTool.hx

And that's all!! I didn't understand if you had success with the compilation. Having spaces in paths it's problematic, true. Tell me how are you going... I'm not the right one to give you "good help", but I'm trying to help.

Good journey into haXe! ;)

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1

Re: Failed to load library: nme.ndll

singmajesty
There was a bug in the install tool that would fail when Haxe was
installed to a directory with spaces. It should be fixed in SVN, but the
best workaround may be to reinstall to a different directory, like the
default C:\Motion-Twin\haxe directory :)