Facebook Library?

edA-qa mort-ora-y
Has anybody written a library for Facebook yet? I've integrated one of
our applications but did it mostly in PHP. I'd now like to do a full
Flash level integration.  It'd of course prefer to just pick up another
library if one is available.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y

BigTPoker uses haXe and DHLIB
        http://BigTPoker.com/?source=haxe-list

The dis-Emi-A haXe Library
        http://wiki.disemia.com/HaXe

A full set of tools, classes, and support facilities aimed at
simplifying and expediting game creation in Flash 9.

Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.
Encrypt: I'm also happy to receive encrypted mail.

Re: Facebook Library?

jlm@justinfront.net
http://code.google.com/p/facebridgex/

Its in haxelib, it does not include openID or connect.

Cheers

;j

Re: Facebook Library?

jlm@justinfront.net
It would be good to improve it and bring it upto date without copying
the adobe as3 version which seems heavy, if you want permissions to
upload and extend/change let me know.

On 2 Apr 2010, at 18:48, Justin Lawerance Mills wrote:

> http://code.google.com/p/facebridgex/
>
> Its in haxelib, it does not include openID or connect.
>
> Cheers
>
> ;j

Re: Facebook Library?

edA-qa mort-ora-y
Justin Lawerance Mills wrote:
> It would be good to improve it and bring it upto date without copying
> the adobe as3 version which seems heavy, if you want permissions to
> upload and extend/change let me know.

It'll be a while until I get far enough. Likely I'd need to add the new
API stuff -- the channels/counters/whatnot.

How does it handle the JS-only things like Posting to the feed, and
inviting friends? Will it communicate with the loaded JS to make that work?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y

BigTPoker uses haXe and DHLIB
        http://BigTPoker.com/?source=haxe-list

The dis-Emi-A haXe Library
        http://wiki.disemia.com/HaXe

A full set of tools, classes, and support facilities aimed at
simplifying and expediting game creation in Flash 9.

Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.
Encrypt: I'm also happy to receive encrypted mail.

Re: Facebook Library?

jlm@justinfront.net
It was written before Facebook Connect existed.  It gives you direct
access to FQL and the API

http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/API
http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/FQL

so there is probably a lot that can be achieved but I think to post on
a users wall you probably need the added security model of facebook
connect?

It is a direct port of FacebookBridge so I don't actually know much
about facebook as its just a port of a generic interface to facebook
queries.  I have tested you can make complex queries and using a PHP
shim you can get your friends pictures into flash, but I ported it a
year or 2 ago and I never needed to use it commercially.  If you look
at the source you can see how to make calls:

http://code.google.com/p/facebridgex/source/browse/trunk/facebridgex/FacebookExample.hx

I suggest you check the as3 docs for setting stuff up:

http://components.zerofractal.com/FacebookBridge/gettingStarted.html

and then try some queries and see what data you can get, facebook
seems fairly slow to respond so any application probably wants to
minimize interaction but you probably know a lot more about than me.

It maybe totally out of date for your use, but interested so let me
know how it goes, you may find the committer knows more than me, he
fixed a typo in the version uploaded... so I know it should work.

Cheers

;j