FDT + haXe

Re: FDT + haXe

Hudson Ansley
but you could use ant/maven with FlashDevelop if you like ;-)

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Elsass Philippe
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Well, I'm going back to my little FlashDevelop project now if you
> don't mind - I have some small team, non-enterprise-y stuff to do
> which don't require ant/maven weaponry ;)

Re: FDT + haXe

domrein
One IDE that is cross platform for Flash is minibuilder  http://code.google.com/p/minibuilder/  I've been working a little on the side to add haXe support to it (since I've grown super frustrated not having a decent haXe IDE on mac), but I'm not sure how much progress I'll make on it now that FDT seems to be offering decent support.  Either way though, if you want to do flash on mac or linux, minibuilder isn't a bad little IDE.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:19 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have added it to the editor Page, since it's cross platform and likely to be feature rich, I put it above the FlashDevelop entry as I am guessing it's something new that may bring new haXe adoption, and a lot more people visit haXe site than read the mailing list.   I also added the E-texteditor in with the textmate entry since they are almost the same editor for different platforms so it seems sensible to link them.

Maybe someone at FDT could add more info on the fdt page I have just created...

http://haxe.org/com/ide/fdt

On 22 Jul 2010, at 20:21, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

Simon Richardson a écrit :
Hi all, It seems like FDT is fast moving on developing haXe for FDT. It will be good to see more editors in the field and the move to haXe will be greatly increased. They've joined the cultural revolution on twitter ;-) https://twitter.com/FDThaXe

In case you missed it, the alpha version is now publicly available
See http://fdt.powerflasher.com/blog/?p=2233

Re: FDT + haXe

jlm@justinfront.net
( FDT support is brilliant, but eclipse is quite complex/heavy, so really there is a lot to do before it feel clean, and I don't really know how I can add stuff to it. )

Domrein

If the flex components were replaced then this could be compiled to c++ or neko and anything slow could be optimised outside of haXe, but the benefits are that we could add sam + layout tools + 3d tools etc... if its all haXe.  Can't you package the java thing with the air file or use some haXe?

Looks an interesting project do you have a working haXe air file version I can download and try out, how far have you got with the haXe this looks really useful?

Could we rebuild this for neko with nme2 and hxgui or aswing... what does the community think?

Cheers

;j

Simon Richardson a écrit :
Hi all, It seems like FDT is fast moving on developing haXe for FDT. It will be good to see more editors in the field and the move to haXe will be greatly increased. They've joined the cultural revolution on twitter ;-) https://twitter.com/FDThaXe

In case you missed it, the alpha version is now publicly available
See http://fdt.powerflasher.com/blog/?p=2233

Re: FDT + haXe

Lee Sylvester
How does it make a difference? Having a Flash based IDE that call's haXe
doesn't stop it creating alternative formats.

Lee

Tom wrote:

> [...]
>>>                 developing haXe for FDT. It will be good to see more
>>>                 editors in the field and the move to haXe will be
>>>                 greatly increased. They've joined the cultural
>>>                 revolution on twitter ;-) https://twitter.com/FDThaXe
>>>

>>>             In case you missed it, the alpha version is now publicly
>>>             available
>>>             See http://fdt.powerflasher.com/blog/?p=2233
>>>
>>>             Best,
>>>             Nicolas
>>>
>>>             --
>>>             haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>             http://haxe.org
>>>

>>>         --
>>>         haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>         http://haxe.org
>>>

>>>     --
>>>     haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>     http://haxe.org
>>
>>     --
>>     haXe - an open source web programming language

Re: FDT + haXe

jlm@justinfront.net
I was thinking it would be best c++, that's why flex is bad for it,
the IRC is talking about moonshine and some other options.

On 26 Jul 2010, at 14:21, Lee McColl Sylvester wrote:

> How does it make a difference? Having a Flash based IDE that call's
> haXe doesn't stop it creating alternative formats.
>
> Lee
>

> Tom wrote:
>> It shouldn't be a flash based IDE to be honest as flash is only one
>> of the four platforms of haXe.
>>
>> 2010/7/26 [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <[hidden email]
>>  <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>    [ Sorry this was mostly in response to the minibuilder post ]
>>
>>    On 26 Jul 2010, at 14:03, [hidden email]
>>    <mailto:[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>>    ( FDT support is brilliant, but eclipse is quite complex/heavy,
>>>    so really there is a lot to do before it feel clean, and I don't
>>>    really know how I can add stuff to it. )
>>>
>>>    Domrein
>>>
>>>    If the flex components were replaced then this could be compiled
>>>    to c++ or neko and anything slow could be optimised outside of
>>>    haXe, but the benefits are that we could add sam + layout tools +
>>>    3d tools etc... if its all haXe.  Can't you package the java
>>>    thing with the air file or use some haXe?
>>>
>>>    Looks an interesting project do you have a working haXe air file
>>>    version I can download and try out, how far have you got with the
>>>    haXe this looks really useful?
>>>    Could we rebuild this for neko with nme2 and hxgui or aswing...
>>>    what does the community think?
>>>
>>>    Cheers
>>>
>>>    ;j

>>>    --     haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>    http://haxe.org
>>

>>    --
>>    haXe - an open source web programming language
>>    http://haxe.org

Re: FDT + haXe

domrein
minibuilder is actually built with ASwing, not flex.  But I agree that there are several platforms that would provide better performance than the Flash VM.

The code I have so far doesn't do much more than load haxe files and provide color coding for many haXe types.  I could post it, or give it to you, but it doesn't work very well because the parser starts throwing errors pretty quickly.  Anyways, I'd be more than happy to hand off what I have so far to anyone interested.  I spoke with the creator of minibuilder and he expressed interested in integrating haXe support into the program.

The java based compiler certainly could be packaged with the code because AIR 2 supports starting/calling native processes.  If the target platform was moved to something other than AIR, it would be even easier to make compiler calls from the IDE.

My thinking on all of this was that minibuilder isn't too shabby of an IDE, and it shouldn't take a ton of work to get haXe working in it.  Despite what's been mentioned earlier, I see big need for a good IDE that supports mac and linux.