Eclipse with haxe

Blue Sans douze
Hello everyone !
I wonder if haXe can work with Eclipse IDE, or something that is similar (autocompletion, compile on save, error lines marked...)

I heard about some (old) plugin for eclipse, but it's not available anymore.
I'm using Ubuntu, so I can't use FlashDevelop.

Thanks for help !
--
Blue112

PS : I've already sent this message before, but I probably did it wrong, because it doesn't appeared on the list (in my mail box). So I do it again. Sorry if this mesage has already be sent.

Re: Eclipse with haxe

clemos
Hi

Is the "old" one this one : http://www.rgenerat.org/ehx/
I guess the "new" one is this one : http://code.google.com/p/eclihx/
And for all the other ones, don't forget Google
http://www.google.fr/search?q=haxe+eclipse

Btw I'm also usually on Ubuntu, and I definitely recommend using Geany
with hxDev2:
http://lib.haxe.org/p/hxDev2
It's a bit tricky to install / compile, and has still a few little
annoying bugs, but the result is still worth it:
*very* lightweight, haXe code-completion,
also, if you use "make" (see at the bottom) you can also have compile
errors showed in your code.

++++++++
Clément

ps: a minimal Makefile for Geany/hxDev2/haXe, to use with a file
called "build.hxml"...
- - - -
all:
   haxe build.hxml
- - - -

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Blue Sans douze
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone !
> I wonder if haXe can work with Eclipse IDE, or something that is similar
> (autocompletion, compile on save, error lines marked...)
>
> I heard about some (old) plugin for eclipse, but it's not available anymore.
> I'm using Ubuntu, so I can't use FlashDevelop.
>
> Thanks for help !
> --
> Blue112
> PS : I've already sent this message before, but I probably did it wrong,
> because it doesn't appeared on the list (in my mail box). So I do it again.
> Sorry if this mesage has already be sent.

Re: Eclipse with haxe

Gustavs
It did appear.
http://lists.motion-twin.com/pipermail/haxe/2009-February/022886.html

Re: Eclipse with haxe

Blue Sans douze
2009/2/23 Zjnue Brzavi <[hidden email]>
I think my message bounced. Here it is.

> I wonder if haXe can work with Eclipse IDE, or something that is similar
> (autocompletion, compile on save, error lines marked...)
>
> I heard about some (old) plugin for eclipse, but it's not available anymore.
> I'm using Ubuntu, so I can't use FlashDevelop.

Hi,
I'm attaching the old version (not sure if it will get rejected
because of the size).
The new version can be found here:
http://eclihx.googlecode.com/files/EclihX_CTP_08_12_2008.zip
Zjnue

Wonderful !
Is it working right (as well as Flex Builder Plugin works) ?

It's downloadable, thanks !

--
Blue112

Re: Eclipse with haxe

Zjnue Brzavi
> Is it working right (as well as Flex Builder Plugin works) ?

maybe you could try: http://code.google.com/p/flexclipse/
..if you really want to use flex :)

Re: Eclipse with haxe

Zjnue Brzavi
>> Is it working right (as well as Flex Builder Plugin works) ?
>
> maybe you could try: http://code.google.com/p/flexclipse/

Hi again,
I'm talking nonsense. If all you are after is autocompletion for Flex
code, you can install the flex library from lib.haxe.org (using
haxelib), which is basically a set of extern classes. In theory, if
these externs are linked in your eclihx project, you should get
autocompletion for flex - if that is what you are after.
Sorry for the confusion.