Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Missile Mike
Hi Guys:

The Komodo Edit plugin is a broken link from the haxe website.  Did anyone happen to save it and have it handy?  I have used my google powers to no avail!

Thanks!

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Jordo Odroj
Great question. I would love to start using this editor for haxe. I
checked it out and it has VIM keybindings that are actually *quite*
solid. This, *and* textmate style snippets and great customized
shortcuts. If you find the haxe plugin, please do share :)

Missile Mike
Yeah it's one of my favorite editors, and I got irritated with TextMate.  I think I will try to track down the author and get it from directly.

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Jordo Odroj
I hacked around tonight and got code completion roughly working.
I have to say.. With only a few hours of hacking - getting code
completion with snippet expansion for methods -
Komodo is showing *serious* promise as *the* haxe ide.

I've never seen a better vim mode (besides vim itself)
I can script Komodo in javascript. Do I smell a Haxe extern binding
set for Komodo!? :)

I just used the ActionScript syntax highlighting which is mostly fine.

The snippets are just as good if not better than textmate.

I think I've found my new tool.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Missile Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah it's one of my favorite editors, and I got irritated with TextMate.  I
> think I will try to track down the author and get it from directly.

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Missile Mike
Awesome...  I'd love to work on it too.  Would you mind making the xpi available?

I agree about Komodo Edit, it's one of my favorites too.

Thanks!
Mike

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Jordo Odroj
Sure, I'll be hacking around this weekend, and using it, and finding
any bugs that come up.
By the end of the weekend it should be slightly more polished.

Things I'd like to bundle up:
1. This autocomplete script
2. A generic build script (oddly, this was harder for me to get right)
    a. I'd like to set it up so that it saves continuously (without
asking), builds continuously, and highlights the background of lines
that have errors in red.
3. Refine the actionscript syntax file to take into account some Haxe concepts.
4. A few project templates (you can just copy the ones right from FlashDevelop).

Missile Mike
That's odd, I would have thought the build commands would have been no brainers.  I just have it "run command" for my hxcpp builds.  Anyway, can't wait to see it!

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Jordo Odroj
I think that getting the information back is harder, because with
autocompletion, haxe gives you nice xml to parse. But the build
process doesn't, am I right?
Either way, I'm totally hackilly parsing the autocompletion output
anyway (not invoking an xml parser). The result was surprisingly
solid.
If you like, you can try to look into how to highlight lines in Komodo
with a red background color in particular files/lines.

Missile Mike
Okay, I will try to figure that out.  The hardest part will be figuring out where to start.

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Missile Mike
Also:

It created the error list very nicely.

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Jordo Odroj
Cool!

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Missile Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also:
>
> I was able to get the errors from my haxe stuff using "run command" and then
> in the dialog box "Parse Output With:", you can do the pre-made choice of
> "^(?P.+?):(?P\d+):(?P.*)$"
>
> It created the error list very nicely.

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Baluta Cristian
from 21 trial days i've got only 1, now it says i need to upgrade. Anyhow, i had time to make the impression that is a slow and ugly editor. on osx at least.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool!

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Missile Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also:
>
> I was able to get the errors from my haxe stuff using "run command" and then
> in the dialog box "Parse Output With:", you can do the pre-made choice of
> "^(?P.+?):(?P\d+):(?P.*)$"
>
> It created the error list very nicely.

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Jordo Odroj
It's free :)
You must be speaking about the "IDE" version. That would likely be a
little bit slower as well.
You should trim out all the plugins you don't need to reduce the bulk.
Enter full screen mode to get rid of the cruft. Also, FF just updated
to a much quicker engine (which Komodo is built on) so you'll likely
see a huge speed up soon (I hope).
What other editor has a vim mode that good? I've never seen one.
Also, the snippets are wonderful (like Textmate).

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Baluta Cristian
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> from 21 trial days i've got only 1, now it says i need to upgrade. Anyhow, i
> had time to make the impression that is a slow and ugly editor. on osx at
> least.
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Cool!
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Missile Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Also:
>> >
>> > I was able to get the errors from my haxe stuff using "run command" and
>> > then
>> > in the dialog box "Parse Output With:", you can do the pre-made choice
>> > of
>> > "^(?P.+?):(?P\d+):(?P.*)$"
>> >
>> > It created the error list very nicely.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org

> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Tyler MacLeod-2
Intellij also has a very nice Vim editor. When haxe get the Java target, it would be nice to see a plugin written for it.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> from 21 trial days i've got only 1, now it says i need to upgrade. Anyhow, i
> had time to make the impression that is a slow and ugly editor. on osx at
> least.
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Jordo Odroj <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Cool!
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Missile Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Also:
>> >
>> > I was able to get the errors from my haxe stuff using "run command" and
>> > then
>> > in the dialog box "Parse Output With:", you can do the pre-made choice
>> > of
>> > "^(?P.+?):(?P\d+):(?P.*)$"
>> >
>> > It created the error list very nicely.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org

> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: Does anyone have the haxe plugin for Komodo Edit?

Missile Mike
Hi Jordo... Did you ever get this fully working?