Desktop application Haxe-Linux

Symphonicmind
Hi to all guys,
Well, I have been using haxe targeting to javascript for web applications. Now I have to create a basic desktop application which is going to be used on Windows OS; but my OS is Ubuntu,  so I will be programming under Linux.

I really would like to use haxe for this new desktop application but I have read that SWHX is not supported on Linux....

So what do you suggest? Is there any other ways to develop desktop applications with haxe?
What options do I have?

Thanks a lot

Re: Desktop application Haxe-Linux

Nemea Lion
This has made me think

What is required to fix swhx for it to work in linux?

Is in someone's plan to fix it?

Carlos

2011/1/17 Symphonicmind <[hidden email]>:

> Hi to all guys,
> Well, I have been using haxe targeting to javascript for web applications.
> Now I have to create a basic desktop application which is going to be used
> on Windows OS; but my OS is Ubuntu,  so I will be programming under Linux.
>
> I really would like to use haxe for this new desktop application but I have
> read that SWHX is not supported on Linux....
>
> So what do you suggest? Is there any other ways to develop desktop
> applications with haxe?
> What options do I have?
>
> Thanks a lot

Re: Desktop application Haxe-Linux

Just a few ideas:

Re: Desktop application Haxe-Linux

alexander.konotop
В Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:33:43 -0600
Symphonicmind <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Hi to all guys,
> Well, I have been using haxe targeting to javascript for web
> applications. Now I have to create a basic desktop application which
> is going to be used on Windows OS; but my OS is Ubuntu,  so I will be
> programming under Linux.
>
> I really would like to use haxe for this new desktop application but
> I have read that SWHX is not supported on Linux....
>
> So what do you suggest? Is there any other ways to develop desktop
> applications with haxe?
> What options do I have?
>
> Thanks a lot

Take a look at hxGtk. But I don't know is it up-to-date enough to be
handled by haXe 2.xx. If not - I think You can still reanimate it
contacting its developer. It has to have really great functionality.

P.S. Now I look at lib.haxe.org and see that the last update of hxGtk
was in 2007. So, the adviced by Mr. Ponticelli WaXe library would fit
better - at least, it's not abandoned. Also it should provide
comparable functionality and it should be easier to learn than Gtk.

Re: Desktop application Haxe-Linux

Quickform | Marcus Bergstrom
What about haxe/flash+air

That's what I am currently using for our apps.

Marcus Bergstrom

Re: Desktop application Haxe-Linux

Philipp Klose-2
I tried to make swhx working in Linux. There is nearly everything done,
only one things needs to be implemented and that to embed the
flashplayer in the actual gtk application.

On 17.01.2011 23:47, Nemea Lion wrote:

> This has made me think
>
> What is required to fix swhx for it to work in linux?
>
> Is in someone's plan to fix it?
>
> Carlos
>

> 2011/1/17 Symphonicmind<[hidden email]>:
>> Hi to all guys,
>> Well, I have been using haxe targeting to javascript for web applications.
>> Now I have to create a basic desktop application which is going to be used
>> on Windows OS; but my OS is Ubuntu,  so I will be programming under Linux.
>>
>> I really would like to use haxe for this new desktop application but I have
>> read that SWHX is not supported on Linux....
>>
>> So what do you suggest? Is there any other ways to develop desktop
>> applications with haxe?
>> What options do I have?
>>
>> Thanks a lot

Re: Desktop application Haxe-Linux

justin_mills
quote:Take a look at hxGtk.

I don't think it's abandoned so much as finished? I think it is mostly a
wrapper to code that does the lifting, so unless Gtk interfaces change
or haXe changes significantly it will probably not need updates.

As per the forum...
http://haxe.org/forum/thread/2443
I suggested the node haxe version of Gtk as I think the gtk port is by
"blackdog "and he is now active and keen on javascript node haXe, so he
will probably be most interested in assisting with that version.

I don't think any of these haxe libraries are highly used so you will
probably need to try them as the developers that created them, will
obviously have thier bias, waxe and bdog-gtk are wrappers to more widely
used and fairly extensive libraries so there probably both suitable, and
expect fairly stable.

Cheers

;j