Dart editor

clemos
http://www.dartlang.org/docs/getting-started/editor/index-linux.html
http://code.google.com/p/dart/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fdart%2Feditor%253Fstate%253Dclosed
It's quite lightweight, and has quite a lot of feature I would love to
see in an haXe IDE...
Eclipse based, though, but I think they removed a considerable amount
of sh*t by using "components" and not the whole stack.
It also seems isolated from other Eclipse installations you might
have, which IMHO is very good.
Maybe it would be a nice base for an haXe IDE ?
I'm sorry I have absolutely no knowledge in Eclipse programming, so I
wouldn't be of any help.

Cheers,
Clément

Re: Dart editor

Michael Cann
Ooo I like the look of that!

On 1 November 2011 12:09, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://www.dartlang.org/docs/getting-started/editor/index-linux.html
http://code.google.com/p/dart/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fdart%2Feditor%253Fstate%253Dclosed
It's quite lightweight, and has quite a lot of feature I would love to
see in an haXe IDE...
Eclipse based, though, but I think they removed a considerable amount
of sh*t by using "components" and not the whole stack.
It also seems isolated from other Eclipse installations you might
have, which IMHO is very good.
Maybe it would be a nice base for an haXe IDE ?
I'm sorry I have absolutely no knowledge in Eclipse programming, so I
wouldn't be of any help.

Cheers,
Clément

Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/

Re: Dart editor

George McBay
AFAICT rather than removing a lot of stuff they simply started with
the Eclipse Rich Client Platform ( http://wiki.eclipse.org/RCP_FAQ )
and worked up from there.   That wouldn't be a bad idea as a basis for
a haxe-focused multiplatform editor that doesn't require the full
overhead of a full Eclipse install.