Custom Serialization

haXe 2.06 will have custom class serialization support. I took some time
to write some documentation about haXe serialization and the file format
it uses.

You can read it there :
http://haxe.org/manual/serialization

Re: Custom Serialization

Simon Krajewski
  Hi,

just to be sure: Is this going to work with remoting as well?

Thanks
Simon

Am 08.08.2010 13:07, schrieb Nicolas Cannasse:

> Hi,
>
> haXe 2.06 will have custom class serialization support. I took some
> time to write some documentation about haXe serialization and the file
> format it uses.
>
> You can read it there :
> http://haxe.org/manual/serialization
>
> Best,

Re: Custom Serialization

Nicolas Cannasse
Simon Krajewski a écrit :
>  Hi,
>
> just to be sure: Is this going to work with remoting as well?

Yes, since haXe remoting is using haXe serialization.

Re: Custom Serialization

Adrian Veith
 very cool,

this helps to store and retrieve haXe objects in our dbGonzales Database
Server in a controlled way. I haven't looked much at haXe serialization
at the moment, but my plans are to integrate native haXe object storage
and query to dbGonzales.  On the server side I would like to have as
less overhead as possible. Therefor it would be fine to have two kinds
of serialization - one for transport (the default) and one for storage
(optimized for performance).

cheers, Adrian.

Am 08.08.2010 14:07, schrieb Nicolas Cannasse:

> Hi,
>
> haXe 2.06 will have custom class serialization support. I took some
> time to write some documentation about haXe serialization and the file
> format it uses.
>
> You can read it there :
> http://haxe.org/manual/serialization
>
> Best,

Re: Custom Serialization

Heinz Hölzer-2
that's great, thx.

Am 08.08.2010 14:07, schrieb Nicolas Cannasse:

> Hi,
>
> haXe 2.06 will have custom class serialization support. I took some
> time to write some documentation about haXe serialization and the file
> format it uses.
>
> You can read it there :
> http://haxe.org/manual/serialization
>
> Best,

Re: Custom Serialization

Andy Li
Hi Nicolas,

Why are the methods, hxSerialize and hxUnserialize, prefixed by "hx"? It make the naming convention confusing. HaXe magics are named as "__xxx__" and special methods like "iterator()" is a plain word. I only know that haXe libraries are prefixed by "hx".

Best regards,
Andy

Hi,

Andy Li a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Why are the methods, hxSerialize and hxUnserialize, prefixed by "hx"? It
> make the naming convention confusing. HaXe magics are named as "__xxx__"
> and special methods like "iterator()" is a plain word. I only know that
> haXe libraries are prefixed by "hx".

Some platforms might have native support for serialization, so since
we're talking here about haXe Serialization, I prefer to make a clear
distinction and avoid name clashes later.

Re: Custom Serialization

Andy Li
Do you mean they may use the same method(implementing serialize() and unserialize()) for custom serialization? In this case I prefer using "__serialize__" and "__unserialize__". I understand the need of avoiding name crash, but no need to have more than one prefix. If "hx" is chosen, "__init__" should change to "hxInit" too.

Best regards,
Andy