Crashing with newer Flash and MSIE

edA-qa mort-ora-y
Has anybody else experienced your flash crashing with some vesions of
MSIE and the flash player?  By crash I mean popping up a serious error
and having explorer be aborted.

I'm unable to pinpoint the source of the error, or even the version at
this time. I've not changed anything in my flash apps recently, nor have
I upgrade haxe in a while, so it must be something to do with the player
or MSIE.

I don't get the problem in FireFox -- but I think I did see it in Chrome
as well.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y

BigTPoker uses haXe and DHLIB
        http://BigTPoker.com/?source=haxe-list

The dis-Emi-A haXe Library
        http://wiki.disemia.com/HaXe

A full set of tools, classes, and support facilities aimed at
simplifying and expediting game creation in Flash 9.

Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.
Encrypt: I'm also happy to receive encrypted mail.

Re: Crashing with newer Flash and MSIE

Martijn Loots
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009, edA-qa mort-ora-y wrote:

> Has anybody else experienced your flash crashing with some vesions of
> MSIE and the flash player?  By crash I mean popping up a serious error
> and having explorer be aborted.
>
> I'm unable to pinpoint the source of the error, or even the version at
> this time. I've not changed anything in my flash apps recently, nor have
> I upgrade haxe in a while, so it must be something to do with the player
> or MSIE.
>
> I don't get the problem in FireFox -- but I think I did see it in Chrome
> as well.

Just a few things that I can come up with, as I have no issues here...

- It could be network related, as Chrome/IE share more network hooks
   than Firefox/IE

- Did you install the Google Chrome Frame for IE before ? If so, it
   could be a Chrome issue instead of an IE one (probably not though,
   I'd expect more issues with Chrome than with IE...)

Grtz,
--
-Martijn    @..@    ( Martijn Loots       -  Hengelo  [NL] )
-          (`--')   ( martijn<@>cosix.com -  www.cosix.com )