Couple of newbie questions about the Flash compiles

Couple of newbie questions about the Flash compiles

Frank Gauer

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to dynamically generate SWF files on the fly and I was wondering if Haxe could do this for me. My requirements are pretty simple:

1)       Read folder of PNG files

2)       Assemble PNG files into separate movie clips within a single SWF. Each movie clip will be made up of about 30 frames of animation.

3)       I need to be able to name these movie clips with an AS3 compatible linkage name

4)       Generate SWF

I can kind of get close with Flex, swfmill, and other tools – but I can’t seem to do everything I need in one shot.

If anyone has any insight into whether or not Haxe can go this, it is appreciated!

Franklin Gauer

Technical Lead - Web Games Division

NetDevil, LTD.

fgauer@...     www.netdevil.com

Re: Couple of newbie questions about the Flash compiles

Baluta Cristian
with haxe you can't embed anything, they should be already compiled to use them.

i'm not shure with swfmill if you can create linkages from a movieclip assembled there, but if you can't you can create another swfs for each MC, then you use them into a final swf with linkages. folders can be read with php, and you create the xml also with php.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Frank Gauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to dynamically generate SWF files on the fly and I was wondering if Haxe could do this for me. My requirements are pretty simple:

1)       Read folder of PNG files

2)       Assemble PNG files into separate movie clips within a single SWF. Each movie clip will be made up of about 30 frames of animation.

3)       I need to be able to name these movie clips with an AS3 compatible linkage name

4)       Generate SWF

I can kind of get close with Flex, swfmill, and other tools – but I can't seem to do everything I need in one shot.

If anyone has any insight into whether or not Haxe can go this, it is appreciated!

Franklin Gauer

Technical Lead - Web Games Division

NetDevil, LTD.

fgauer@...     www.netdevil.com

Cristi
www.ralcr.com

Re: Couple of newbie questions about the Flash compiles

Ian Thomas
Hi Frank,

  (and sorry to the haXe list members, because I'm not going to
suggest haXe for this one!)

  The flex mxmlc compiler can achieve this. Basically you'd need to
generate an .as file full of embed references to PNGs, and compile
that resource along with the code to play out the sequence of frames.
It's actually pretty easy to do - if you want more info, email me
offlist rather than us spamming the haXe list. :-)

Cheers,
   Ian