Compilation cache and Completion Server

I have commited two new options into the haxe compiler :

--cache allow you to specify a cache file that will store parsed files,
which might speedup a bit compilation.

--wait allow your to start a haxe compilation server (with in-memory
cache) that should allow huge speedup of completion.

Both are documented together with --display on this page :
http://haxe.org/manual/completion

Re: Compilation cache and Completion Server

clemos
Hi Nicolas,

Looks great :)

Does it mean you plan to add more functionnalities to the
autocompletion feature soon, like top level package/classes display,
deep classes exploration, local variable lookup, etc ?
I'm asking because I'm still working on the haXe Sublime Text 2
bundle, and I wouldn't like wasting time developping such things if
they are planned in the compiler...

Cheers,
Clément

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Nicolas Cannasse

> I have commited two new options into the haxe compiler :
>
> --cache allow you to specify a cache file that will store parsed files,
> which might speedup a bit compilation.
>
> --wait allow your to start a haxe compilation server (with in-memory cache)
> that should allow huge speedup of completion.
>
> Both are documented together with --display on this page :
> http://haxe.org/manual/completion
>
> Best,

Re: Compilation cache and Completion Server

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 05/12/2011 12:24, clemos a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Looks great :)
>
> Does it mean you plan to add more functionnalities to the
> autocompletion feature soon, like top level package/classes display,
> deep classes exploration, local variable lookup, etc ?
> I'm asking because I'm still working on the haXe Sublime Text 2
> bundle, and I wouldn't like wasting time developping such things if
> they are planned in the compiler...

Yes, some of them are planned, watch/star the following entries :
http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=327
http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=568
http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=569
http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=570

Re: Compilation cache and Completion Server

Heinz Hölzer-2
THIS IS HUGE ;)