ChxDoc 1.0.0

Russell Weir
Now in haxelib, version 1.0.0 of  chxdoc

Summary of changes:
1.0.0
    - Updated installer
    - fixed class types not shown on default template
    - installs custom chxtemploc compiler
    - fix template installed when bad cmd args passed
    - change default temp directory to "__chxdoctmp"
    - change default output directory to "docs"
    - change command line --templateDir to just --template (--templateDir deprecated, still works)

To install:

haxelib install chxdoc
haxelib run chxdoc install [path]

The [path] should be somewhere in your PATH or %PATH% environment. Two files will be installed there... chxdoc and chxtemploc

Any issues can be reported at http://code.google.com/p/caffeine-hx/issues/list

Re: ChxDoc 1.0.0

Justin Donaldson-3
Hi Russell,

Nice to have you active on this list again.

I just tried it out some of the new features and it works fine for me.  Thanks again!

Are there any other chxdoc templates out there?

-Justin

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Russell Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now in haxelib, version 1.0.0 of  chxdoc

Summary of changes:
1.0.0
    - Updated installer
    - fixed class types not shown on default template
    - installs custom chxtemploc compiler
    - fix template installed when bad cmd args passed
    - change default temp directory to "__chxdoctmp"
    - change default output directory to "docs"
    - change command line --templateDir to just --template (--templateDir deprecated, still works)

To install:

haxelib install chxdoc
haxelib run chxdoc install [path]

The [path] should be somewhere in your PATH or %PATH% environment. Two files will be installed there... chxdoc and chxtemploc

Any issues can be reported at http://code.google.com/p/caffeine-hx/issues/list

Re: ChxDoc 1.0.0

Russell Weir
Thanks Justin.. been a busy year, just haven't had much time to myself.

I would certainly appreciate a new template or two. Anyone?

-R

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Justin Donaldson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ian Martins
there is a template here:
https://github.com/ianxm/haxeumlgen/tree/master/chxdoc

it looks like this:
it might be out of date.  I haven't tried it recently.

-Ian

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Russell Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

gershon
Sweet, thanks Russell.

Haxegui's template:
http://code.google.com/p/haxegui/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fdocs
Custom css, icons, js for syntax highlighting and flash for previewing haxegui markup...

Preview here:
http://haxegui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/index.html

Think i had a stylesheet (xsl) for the uml somewhere in there too..

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM, ian martins <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ian: thanks... your template is missing some files, which made me realize I should just have chxdoc grab the default files if one is missing. Gonna add that asap

Gershon: Damn, somehow I missed that you'd made that template for haxegui. I'll add it too.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM, gershon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

yeah, I might have just checked in the files that I changed.  I don't remember.

I noticed that "haxelib run chxdoc" runs the installer.  It seems strange to install it again when haxelib already installed it.  Would it be possible to run the actual program from haxelib without the second install?  would there be a disadvantage to doing it that way?

-Ian

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Russell Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I run 64 bit linux with a 32 bit chroot, and windows emulation through wine all on the same box. So essentially, I have 3 copies of haxe, which all share the same haxelib repository, so I compile haxedoc 3 times for my one machine. Then each of the binaries is installed to ~/bin ~/bin32 and ~/binWin32, so no matter what shell I am on, I get the same tools (like haxe too - 3 copies).

I guess "haxelib run chxdoc" would solve that issue.. I just hate the extra keystrokes vs. "chxdoc" ;)

I'll put it on the todo, so it will just check if it's compiled, then run chxdoc itself if no command arguments are passed.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM, ian martins <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

if you're thinking about keystrokes (and given that you have a single character signature, I will accept that), "alias" is your friend.  hell, you can even "alias chx='haxelib run chxdoc'" and come out ahead.  I would do that myself except that I used to run chxdoc from my build.hxml so it didn't matter.

is there a reason that you don't include the neko binaries in the haxelib install?  aren't neko binaries portable?

-Ian

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Russell Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Oh sorry, I misread your original mail a bit,

"haxelib install chxdoc" only installs the source code. The "haxelib chxdoc compile" target actually creates a Settings.hx that points to your default template directory in haxelib. That file can then be edited to point to a different path, and you can then recompile chxdoc. That was the reason it requires "install" or "compile". I like having the binaries, because then I don't have to rely on having anything installed on some other machine, I can just copy my ~/bin directory over quickly.

Now that I revisit Tools/Run.hx, I see that I never wrote a test if Settings.hx was there, so the current version will always overwrite Settings.hx. I am fixing that now, but in the mean time, it's still safe to recompile using the haxelib_build.hxml file.

alias R="Russell Weir"

-R