Can't get autocompletion to work

ben untar
hi

I try to test the autocompletion feature, explained in the example
from Nicolas blog:
http://ncannasse.fr/blog/haxe_completion?lang=en

It doesn't work, no output, no errors and nothing strange comes up in
-verbose mode. Just pure silence.

Here's the command:

     haxe -swf-version 9 -swf /tmp/void.swf Test --display Test.hx@73
or
     haxe -neko test.n -main Test --display Test.hx@73

here's the file:

~~~~
class Test {
    public static function main() {
        trace("Hello".
~~~~

thanks
ben

Re: Can't get autocompletion to work

ben untar
ok, I knew, as soon I send this message it will work ...

here's the solution (from the blog):
"[...] In that example if you count characters with windows CRLF lines
ending, you should get 73. [..]"

I work on debian. no windows crlf, that means: 73 - 2.

     haxe -swf-version 9 -swf /tmp/void.swf Test --display Test.hx@71

everything went better then expected ...

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 5:45 PM, ben untar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi
>
> I try to test the autocompletion feature, explained in the example
> from Nicolas blog:
> http://ncannasse.fr/blog/haxe_completion?lang=en
>
> It doesn't work, no output, no errors and nothing strange comes up in
> -verbose mode. Just pure silence.
>
> Here's the command:
>
>     haxe -swf-version 9 -swf /tmp/void.swf Test --display Test.hx@73
> or
>     haxe -neko test.n -main Test --display Test.hx@73
>

> here's the file:
>
> ~~~~
> class Test {
>    public static function main() {
>        trace("Hello".
>    }
> }
> ~~~~
>

> thanks
> ben

Re: Can't get autocompletion to work

MarcWeber
Excerpts from ben untar's message of Thu May 26 17:45:19 +0200 2011:
> It doesn't work, no output, no errors and nothing strange comes up in
> -verbose mode. Just pure silence.

You're out of luck. The compiler does not complete everything.

For testing try

var s = "ath";
s.char -> charAt

Try this instead. This should work. If it still doesn't work .. haxe is
picky about a trailing "\n" at the end of file or such for whatever
reason (?)
Try dropping last \n in file.

Marc Weber

Re: Can't get autocompletion to work

ben untar
thanks for you help

Looking at your name, am I correct that you are the maintainer
 of the haxe-vim-autocompleter plugin?
I was never able to get it to work, I think mainly because its deeply
integrated with your plugin manager. I use another system
('pathogen'). Therefor I would highly appreciate it if you could
provide a autocompletion plugin that is completely standalone script.
That would be cool.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Marc Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excerpts from ben untar's message of Thu May 26 17:45:19 +0200 2011:
>> It doesn't work, no output, no errors and nothing strange comes up in
>> -verbose mode. Just pure silence.
>
> You're out of luck. The compiler does not complete everything.
>
> For testing try
>
> var s = "ath";
> s.char -> charAt
>
> Try this instead. This should work. If it still doesn't work .. haxe is
> picky about a trailing "\n" at the end of file or such for whatever
> reason (?)
> Try dropping last \n in file.
>
> Marc Weber

Re: Can't get autocompletion to work

MarcWeber
Excerpts from ben untar's message of Thu May 26 20:06:13 +0200 2011:
> Looking at your name, am I correct that you are the maintainer
>  of the haxe-vim-autocompleter plugin?

No - I'm not going back to assembler.

VAM was written to solve problems - exactly the ones you're having which
pathogen does not.

But let's not start a flamewar. Ping me on irc and I'll show you how
easy it is to setup using a SSH account on my v-server, ok?

Don't blame me - blame Vim users who didn't write VAM earlier for about
30 years.

Vim is like "linux from scratch"
Pathogen is like a set of shell scripts for "linux from scratch"
VAM is like rpm (not that smart.. but you get the idea)

Marc Weber

Re: Can't get autocompletion to work

MarcWeber
Excerpts from Marc Weber's message of Thu May 26 20:17:55 +0200 2011:
> Excerpts from ben untar's message of Thu May 26 20:06:13 +0200 2011:
> > Looking at your name, am I correct that you are the maintainer
> >  of the haxe-vim-autocompleter plugin?
I've added some more documentation which should make it easier for you
to install the plugin.

Trust me: If there had been no reason writing VAM I would have spend my
time on other things (making money, enhance native patch of
vim-addonn-async), work on Yi, .., write HaXe libraries (eg SQL parsing
for type safe queries).. There is so much which could be done.

I'd still like to explain / demonstrate you the difference VAM vs
Pathogen.

Yours
Marc Weber