Bejeweled algorithm

Tiana RAZAFINDRALAMBO
Hi,
Does anyone have an idea of what kind of algorithm should i use, in
order to find solutions in a game like Bejeweled?

R.T

Re: Bejeweled algorithm

Ron Wheeler
razafindralambo tiana wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone have an idea of what kind of algorithm should i use, in
> order to find solutions in a game like Bejeweled?
>
> R.T
This is not a haXe question at this point.
I would suggest that the best kind of algorithm is one that is easy to
understand, takes into account all of the possible cases and exceptions.

Seriously, if you want a reasonable answer, tell us where you are in
your thinking about the problem; what is the method's description, what
are the input parameters; what should the method return. Include your
test program that will call this algorithm.

You might find that a forum for game developers is a better place to
learn game programming.

Ron

Re: Bejeweled algorithm

Alex Liebert
It's one of the tutorials in the book 'Actionscript 3.0 Game Programming University."  I believe its available on the book's website too.  Should at least serve as a starting point for how to approach the problem.

(I don't recommend purchasing it though- I think it's the worst Actionscript 3.0 book I've ever bought.)

Alex