Basic Tutorial will not compile in haXe

Tres Walsh

Hi there!

I'm brand new to haXe, and I'm loving it a great deal, however, with the tutorial found here: http://haxe.org/doc/flash/0_start

I am unable to compile. haXe gives the silly error of

Main.hx:9: characters 8-34 : Unknown identifier : flash

My Main.hx file looks like this

class Main
{
  static function main()
  {
  //Creates a TextField
  var tf = new flash.text.TextField();
  tf.text = "Hello World";
  //add it to the display list
  flash.lib.current.addChild(tf);

and my compile.hxml looks like this

-swf vortex.swf
-swf-version 9
-main Main

I'm basically following the tutorial to the letter, but since I've not actually used actionscript before, I'm at a total loss.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Tres Walsh

Re: Basic Tutorial will not compile in haXe

Ali Jaya Meilio Lie
flash.lib should be flash.Lib

----
Sent using a Sony Ericsson mobile phone