Asynchronous remoting calls (client *and* server)

Asynchronous remoting calls (client *and* server)

Dion Whitehead Amago
I've posted code and an example on how to set up asynchronous remoting
where the server returns the call asynchronously.  This is not really
possible with the current remoting classes, and it's useful for
flash-js remoting, and absolutely required for flash-nodejs remoting.

http://dionamago.net/?p=487

Dion

Re: Asynchronous remoting calls (client *and* server)

laurence taylor
Arrows + Actors + ZerOMQ + Asynchronous Remoting =

//send doesn't exist yet
eventA("click").then( transform ).send( server ).then( transform ).then( display ).repeat().run( event_source );

where event_source waits for a click,
passes the event to a transform arrow (i.e any function or asynchronous call)
which is then sent to a server and
waits for a reply that can be made ready for
the display.

Making any program essentially the above definition, plus a bunch of pattern-maps.

fantastic.