Arggh.. do you know..

sledorze
..a browser that support javascript weak refs?
Please let me know.
Just got a try building reactives widgets using Stax Reactive but the absence of weak refs simply mean that higher order signals will result in leaks (i.e. creating signals during signal execution can hurt).

Without them; expressivity is quite reduced and no much warranty if you try to avoid them by hand.. :(

Let me know..

Thanks!
Stephane

P.S.: has anyone build such stuff on Flash? (dunno much about its support for weak refs)

Re: Arggh.. do you know..

Baluta Cristian
Excuse me, but does js features differ from browser to browser?
Flash has weak references for events but i don't use them, i don't even know if they are true or false by default.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:35 PM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
..a browser that support javascript weak refs?
Please let me know.
Just got a try building reactives widgets using Stax Reactive but the
absence of weak refs simply mean that higher order signals will result in
leaks (i.e. creating signals during signal execution can hurt).

Without them; expressivity is quite reduced and no much warranty if you try
to avoid them by hand.. :(

Let me know..

Thanks!
Stephane

P.S.: has anyone build such stuff on Flash? (dunno much about its support
for weak refs)

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: Arggh.. do you know..

Antoine Gersant
The default is false.

Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Excuse me, but does js features differ from browser to browser?
> Flash has weak references for events but i don't use them, i don't even know
> if they are true or false by default.
>
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:35 PM, sledorze <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> ..a browser that support javascript weak refs?
>> Please let me know.
>> Just got a try building reactives widgets using Stax Reactive but the
>> absence of weak refs simply mean that higher order signals will result in
>> leaks (i.e. creating signals during signal execution can hurt).
>>
>> Without them; expressivity is quite reduced and no much warranty if you try
>> to avoid them by hand.. :(
>>
>> Let me know..
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Stephane
>>
>> P.S.: has anyone build such stuff on Flash? (dunno much about its support
>> for weak refs)

> B?lu?? Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: Arggh.. do you know..

sledorze
I don't think so, but there's always evolutions and early implementations..

Here you can see some mentions of WeakMaps..
http://code.google.com/p/es-lab/

searching a little more; I've even seen this:

https://gist.github.com/963596/a01b96c8da918d4a9fee98ec49facad524717ecf

We'll continue to search; I need weakrefs (or maps) and html5 / css3 hardware accelerated support with a quite stable runtime.

Stephane

Stephane

Re: Arggh.. do you know..

sledorze