AntHX Future

Ian Thomas
Hi all,

   I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start work
for a company developing console games and will be buried in
optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)

   As a result, I'm going to have even less time for haXe, so I've
decided to pass on AntHX to someone else rather than completely
abandon it.

   Gábor Szuromi from the SamHaxe project has agreed to take it on -
so many thanks to him for that!

Cheers,
    Ian

Re: AntHX Future

Gamehaxe
Hi Ian,
Good luck with your new career!

Hugh

> Hi all,
>
>    I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
> foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start work
> for a company developing console games and will be buried in
> optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)

Re: AntHX Future

Justin Donaldson
Good luck, and thanks!
-Justin

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Hugh Sanderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ian,
Good luck with your new career!

Hugh

Hi all,

  I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start work
for a company developing console games and will be buried in
optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)

Justin Donaldson
PhD Candidate, Informatics
Indiana University
http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd
twitter: jjdonald

Re: AntHX Future

Laurent Kappler
Yes Good luck and thanks Ian.
Hope to see you around anyway,
C++ is still HaXe! :]

.....cosmos!
Laurent

Justin Donaldson a écrit :

> Good luck, and thanks!
> -Justin
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Hugh Sanderson <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ian,
>     Good luck with your new career!
>
>     Hugh
>

>         Hi all,
>
>           I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
>         foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start
>         work
>         for a company developing console games and will be buried in
>         optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org
>

> --
> Justin Donaldson
> PhD Candidate, Informatics
> Indiana University
> http://www.scwn.net
> aim: iujjd
> twitter: jjdonald

Re: AntHX Future

Ian Thomas
Thank you all - much appreciated. :-)

Ian

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM, laurent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes Good luck and thanks Ian.
> Hope to see you around anyway,
> C++ is still HaXe! :]
>
> .....cosmos!
> Laurent
>
> Justin Donaldson a écrit :
>>
>> Good luck, and thanks!
>> -Justin
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Hugh Sanderson <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi Ian,
>>    Good luck with your new career!
>>
>>    Hugh
>>

>>        Hi all,
>>
>>          I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
>>        foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start
>>        work
>>        for a company developing console games and will be buried in
>>        optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)
>>

>>    --    haXe - an open source web programming language
>>    http://haxe.org
>>

>> --
>> Justin Donaldson
>> PhD Candidate, Informatics
>> Indiana University
>> http://www.scwn.net
>> aim: iujjd
>> twitter: jjdonald

Re: AntHX Future

Benjamin Dasnois
Hi,

It's always sad to see someone as dedicated as you leaving.

We all know you've been of great help to this community and helped it
to evolve from its early birth to what it is now.
I wish you the best for your new career and hope you will still be
looking at haXe from time to time.

And never forget ; games should be as fun as making them (and vice-versa ;-)).

Thank you so much for all the time you spent with haXe! :)

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Ian Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you all - much appreciated. :-)
>
> Ian
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM, laurent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes Good luck and thanks Ian.
>> Hope to see you around anyway,
>> C++ is still HaXe! :]
>>
>> .....cosmos!
>> Laurent
>>
>> Justin Donaldson a écrit :
>>>
>>> Good luck, and thanks!
>>> -Justin
>>>
>>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Hugh Sanderson <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Hi Ian,
>>>    Good luck with your new career!
>>>
>>>    Hugh
>>>

>>>        Hi all,
>>>
>>>          I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
>>>        foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start
>>>        work
>>>        for a company developing console games and will be buried in
>>>        optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)
>>>

>>>    --    haXe - an open source web programming language
>>>    http://haxe.org
>>>

>>> --
>>> Justin Donaldson
>>> PhD Candidate, Informatics
>>> Indiana University
>>> http://www.scwn.net
>>> aim: iujjd
>>> twitter: jjdonald

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: AntHX Future

Ian Thomas a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
>    I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
> foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start work
> for a company developing console games and will be buried in
> optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)

What about doing the scripting of the game by embedding NekoVM and using
haXe ? :)

Anyway, good luck ;)

Re: AntHX Future

Ian Thomas
I won't be on the scripting side... but you never know. :-D

Cheers,
  Ian

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Nicolas Cannasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ian Thomas a écrit :
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
>> foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start work
>> for a company developing console games and will be buried in
>> optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)
>
> What about doing the scripting of the game by embedding NekoVM and using
> haXe ? :)
>
> Anyway, good luck ;)

Re: AntHX Future

Lee Sylvester
Absolutely, Ian. Good luck, buddy. Glad to hear you sorted out your
employment choices conundrum.

Lee

Ian Thomas wrote:

> I won't be on the scripting side... but you never know. :-D
>
> Cheers,
>   Ian
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Nicolas Cannasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ian Thomas a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>   I'm about to leave any haXe (and Flash) development for the
>>> foreseeable future, as I'm changing career; I'm about to start work
>>> for a company developing console games and will be buried in
>>> optimising C++ for the next few years. :-)
>>>
>> What about doing the scripting of the game by embedding NekoVM and using
>> haXe ? :)
>>
>> Anyway, good luck ;)
>>
>> Nicolas

Re: AntHX Future

Juan Delgado
I'm late to this, but good luck out there : )

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Absolutely, Ian. Good luck, buddy. Glad to hear you sorted out your
> employment choices conundrum.
>
> Lee
>

> Ian Thomas wrote:
>>
>> I won't be on the scripting side... but you never know. :-D
>>
>> Cheers,
>>  Ian
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Nicolas Cannasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> What about doing the scripting of the game by embedding NekoVM and using
>>> haXe ? :)
>>>
>>> Anyway, good luck ;)
>>>
>>> Nicolas

Juan Delgado - Zárate