Announcing HxSL

HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".

Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more
informations about it ;)

Re: Announcing HxSL

Andy Li
wow! Big surprise!
Is that inside the hxformat project?

Best regards,
Andy

Hi,

Le 28/02/2011 13:52, Andy Li a écrit :
> wow! Big surprise!
> Is that inside the hxformat project?

Yes it is.

Re: Announcing HxSL

David Peek
Fantastic work! Maybe I should have waited a bit before spending today porting that demo :P

Really looking forward to playing with the new API. BTW, the sources you provided have a missing dependency: mt.flash.Key

Great work,
David

On 28/02/2011, at 11:41 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".
>
> Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more informations about it ;)
>
> Best,

Re: Announcing HxSL

John A. De Goes

Great work, Nicolas!

Regards,

John A. De Goes
Twitter: @jdegoes
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/jdegoes

On Feb 28, 2011, at 5:41 AM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".
>
> Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more informations about it ;)
>
> Best,

Re: Announcing HxSL

Mario Carbajal
It has only been a day since molehill was released, were you working on this before that?
Anyway this is fantastic! And a great example of what macros are good for too :)

Is the translation betwen hxsl to the as3 shader assembly language straightforward? Is there any performance penalty for using hxsl?

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 28/02/2011 13:52, Andy Li a écrit :

wow! Big surprise!
Is that inside the hxformat project?

Yes it is.

Re: Announcing HxSL

Mike Wiering
When will release r3710 be available for Windows?

I can't wait to try this!

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Mario Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It has only been a day since molehill was released, were you working on this
> before that?
> Anyway this is fantastic! And a great example of what macros are good for
> too :)
> Is the translation betwen hxsl to the as3 shader assembly language
> straightforward? Is there any performance penalty for using hxsl?
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Nicolas Cannasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Le 28/02/2011 13:52, Andy Li a écrit :
>>>
>>> wow! Big surprise!
>>> Is that inside the hxformat project?
>>
>> Yes it is.
>>
>> Best,
>> Nicolas

Re: Announcing HxSL

Le 28/02/2011 14:35, David Peek a écrit :
> BTW, the sources you provided have a missing dependency: mt.flash.Key

Thanks for notifying, I have updated the ZIP ;)

Re: Announcing HxSL

Le 28/02/2011 15:38, Mario Carbajal a écrit :
> Is the translation betwen hxsl to the as3 shader assembly language
> straightforward? Is there any performance penalty for using hxsl?

It's quite straightforward, and HxSL should actually be able to optimize
compared to hand-written assembler, in particular because it can provide
more efficient management of constants and temporary registers, while
doing this by-hand in assembly is waste of time.

BTW I've just commited on hxformat SVN "for" loop unrolling and "if"
value support (not "if" statement support yet).

Re: Announcing HxSL

Jan_Flanders
Great stuff! Thanks.

@MikeWiering: (When will release r3710 be available for Windows?)

It should be there already:
http://haxe.cmt.tc/windows/haxe_r3710.zip
http://builds.haxer.be/windows/haxe_r3710.zip

@Nicolas: http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl ("...but also
Lightning, Texturing, and providing..."
Small typo: I think it should  be lighting(illumination), not
lightning (éclair) :)

Jan

Re: Announcing HxSL

justin_mills
Le 28/02/2011 13:41, Nicolas Cannasse a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".
>
> Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more
> informations about it ;)
>
> Best,
> Nicolas

http://haxe.org/doc/advanced/flash3d

- wow Nicolas this is good stuff, thanks, exciting times!

Re: Announcing HxSL

Le 28/02/2011 17:53, Jan Flanders a écrit :
> @Nicolas: http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl ("...but also
> Lightning, Texturing, and providing..."
> Small typo: I think it should  be lighting(illumination), not
> lightning (éclair) :)

Indeed, I can *also* be used for lightning, but that's not what I meant
there ;)

Re: Announcing HxSL

Nicolas,

Congratulations for the release!!! May a new era on 3d web development begin! ; )

Cheers!!!!
Cauê

2011/2/28 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>
Hi,

HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".

Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more informations about it ;)

Re: Announcing HxSL

Benjamin Dasnois
Congratulations! Is the WebGL/OpenGL compiler under development already? ;)

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nicolas,

Congratulations for the release!!! May a new era on 3d web development begin! ; )

Cheers!!!!
Cauê

2011/2/28 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>

Hi,

HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".

Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more informations about it ;)

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: Announcing HxSL

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Alas, Caue (the genius behind Away3DLite haxe) is currently pretty busy, but I'll try and see what I can do for at least the Flash part of that ASAP.

If anyone wants to help on it please tell me and we can get it done quicker!

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations! Is the WebGL/OpenGL compiler under development already? ;)

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Cauê Waneck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nicolas,

Congratulations for the release!!! May a new era on 3d web development begin! ; )

Cheers!!!!
Cauê

2011/2/28 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>

Hi,

HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".

Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more informations about it ;)

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: Announcing HxSL

chen haogang
You're the greatest!!!

On 28 February 2011 20:41, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".

Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more informations about it ;)

Re: Announcing HxSL

Quickform | Marcus Bergstrom
I am loving it!
A 3D game on the way from motion-twin perhaps? ;)

Thanks a lot for all your hard work!

Marcus Bergstrom

On Mar 1, 2011, at 7:46 AM, 陈好刚 wrote:

You're the greatest!!!

On 28 February 2011 20:41, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

HxSL stands for "haXe Shader Language".

Please read http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl for more informations about it ;)

Re: Announcing HxSL

Hah! Congatulations at beating Adobe at there own game again.
PixelBender3D is still awaiting release! (though of course cudos to
Adobe for the sweet new player!)

On Monday, February 28, 2011, Nicolas Cannasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 28/02/2011 17:53, Jan Flanders a écrit :
>
> @Nicolas: http://ncannasse.fr/blog/announcing_hxsl ("...but also
> Lightning, Texturing, and providing..."
> Small typo: I think it should  be lighting(illumination), not
> lightning (éclair) :)
>

> Indeed, I can *also* be used for lightning, but that's not what I meant there ;)
>
> Best,

Re: Announcing HxSL

Lars Madson
I think my heart just stoped.
And also my ribs....strange release!!!!!!!!