Adobe mentions haXe

Jan_Flanders
Spotted on the red5 mailing list, but 'we' are mentionned as well. :)

http://www.adobe.com/choice/flash.html

Quoting:
Finally, Flash has a rich developer ecosystem of both open and proprietary tools and technologies,
including developer IDEs such as FDT, IntelliJ, and haXe; open source runtimes such as Gnash; and open source video servers such as Red5.

Cheers,

Jan

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

Nicolas Cannasse
ad nez a écrit :
> Spotted on the red5 mailing list, but 'we' are mentionned as well. :)
>
> http://www.adobe.com/choice/flash.html
>
> Quoting:
> Finally, Flash has a rich developer ecosystem of both open and
> proprietary tools and technologies,
> including developer IDEs such as FDT, IntelliJ, and haXe; open source
> runtimes such as Gnash; and open source video servers such as Red5.

Great to see haXe mentioned as a "developer IDE" :D

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

Justin Donaldson
I sent them a note.  Maybe they know exactly what haXe is, but that they don't want to distract from their product offering by accurately describing haXe.  If they did, they might lose customers :)

-Justin

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
ad nez a écrit :

Spotted on the red5 mailing list, but 'we' are mentionned as well. :)

http://www.adobe.com/choice/flash.html

Quoting:
Finally, Flash has a rich developer ecosystem of both open and proprietary tools and technologies,
including developer IDEs such as FDT, IntelliJ, and haXe; open source runtimes such as Gnash; and open source video servers such as Red5.

Great to see haXe mentioned as a "developer IDE" :D

Justin Donaldson
PhD Candidate, Informatics
Indiana University
http://www.scwn.net
aim: iujjd
twitter: jjdonald

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

I know. Do they even take a look into the open source projects?  ;-)

Lee

Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> ad nez a écrit :
>> Spotted on the red5 mailing list, but 'we' are mentionned as well. :)
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/choice/flash.html
>>
>> Quoting:
>> Finally, Flash has a rich developer ecosystem of both open and
>> proprietary tools and technologies,
>> including developer IDEs such as FDT, IntelliJ, and haXe; open source
>> runtimes such as Gnash; and open source video servers such as Red5.
>
> Great to see haXe mentioned as a "developer IDE" :D

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

Benjamin Dasnois
If you don't want to be precise because you don't want to lose customers, then just don't speak about things. Else, people may think that you don't even know what you're speaking about and worst of all, that you do not even understand your ecosystem... I bet they do know and that's just badly said ;)

Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
ad nez a écrit :
Spotted on the red5 mailing list, but 'we' are mentionned as well. :)

http://www.adobe.com/choice/flash.html

Quoting:
Finally, Flash has a rich developer ecosystem of both open and proprietary tools and technologies,
including developer IDEs such as FDT, IntelliJ, and haXe; open source runtimes such as Gnash; and open source video servers such as Red5.

Great to see haXe mentioned as a "developer IDE" :D

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

RE: Adobe mentions haXe

Kastellanos Nikos-2
They fail to list Flashdevelop under the IDEs.

And as about Gnash developers, the closest they have come to see FlashPlayer
is via printed screenshot!
All thanks to Adobe *openness*.

And don't get me started about how Flash was originally designed for
Touchscreens...

Nicolas Cannasse wrote:
> ad nez a écrit :
>> Spotted on the red5 mailing list, but 'we' are mentionned as well. :)
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/choice/flash.html
>>
>> Quoting:
>> Finally, Flash has a rich developer ecosystem of both open and
>> proprietary tools and technologies,
>> including developer IDEs such as FDT, IntelliJ, and haXe; open source
>> runtimes such as Gnash; and open source video servers such as Red5.
>
> Great to see haXe mentioned as a "developer IDE" :D

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

Juan Delgado
"the Open Screen project allows the swf format to be implemeted and
played by Adobe's player or whoever wants to implement their own [...]
i dont think Gnash's shortcomings are Adobe's fault."

The original SWF spec prohibited people who read it from creating
their own runtime. It's only been since very recently that Adobe has
removed that ban and people that have read the spec can build a
player.

Just to be fair with the GNash team : )

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I dont want to start a flame war, but the Open Screen project allows the swf
> format to be implemeted and played by Adobe's player or whoever wants to
> implement their own - off the spec as provided. So i dont think Gnash's
> shortcomings are Adobe's fault.
> Also the "Originally deigned for touch" comment that people such as Steve
> Jobs use against flash is totally unfounded, when you look at the Opposing
> platforms - ie. Html, CSS, Canvas - they are not designed for mulltitouch at
> all. The Cocoa platform wasnt deisgned for touch either - it was as a
> computer os. IMHO all platforms currently are modified to support touch -
> and rightfully so, as it isnt a major issue, it is only receiving user input
> - what you do with that in your application is up to you.
>

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Kastellanos Nikos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> They fail to list Flashdevelop under the IDEs.
>>
>> And as about Gnash developers, the closest they have come to see
>> FlashPlayer
>> is via printed screenshot!
>> All thanks to Adobe *openness*.
>>

>> And don't get me started about how Flash was originally designed for
>> Touchscreens...

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

The number of interactive kiosks in existence that have touch screens
and use Flash far outweigh those that use HTML or Cocoa. That's a fact.
Flash has long been the software of choice for building kiosks and
before that, Director, which is nothing more than a more capable version
of the old Flash players.

Lee

Tony Polinelli wrote:

> I dont want to start a flame war, but the Open Screen project allows
> the swf format to be implemeted and played by Adobe's player or
> whoever wants to implement their own - off the spec as provided. So i
> dont think Gnash's shortcomings are Adobe's fault.
>
> Also the "Originally deigned for touch" comment that people such as
> Steve Jobs use against flash is totally unfounded, when you look at
> the Opposing platforms - ie. Html, CSS, Canvas - they are not designed
> for mulltitouch at all. The Cocoa platform wasnt deisgned for touch
> either - it was as a computer os. IMHO all platforms currently are
> modified to support touch - and rightfully so, as it isnt a major
> issue, it is only receiving user input - what you do with that in your
> application is up to you.
>

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Kastellanos Nikos <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     They fail to list Flashdevelop under the IDEs.
>
>     And as about Gnash developers, the closest they have come to see
>     FlashPlayer
>     is via printed screenshot!
>     All thanks to Adobe *openness*.
>

>     And don't get me started about how Flash was originally designed for
>     Touchscreens...

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

Thomas-8
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The number of interactive kiosks in existence that have touch screens and
> use Flash far outweigh those that use HTML or Cocoa.
Concerning the number of crashes of such kiosks, would you also say
that Flash based apps outweigh html/cocoa based ones (in % of total
kiosks available for each technology).

It always makes me laugh when I see, the automatic train ticket
distributor crashed, and usually it runs on windows.

--
http://www.digiprof.tv - http://www.suivauto.com

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

Lee Sylvester
I've only ever seen a kiosk crashed a few times and it's always been a
Windows blue screen.  As Windows is far more buggy than the Flash
player, I'd be inclined to believe Flash wasn't the culprit ;-)

Lee

Thomas wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The number of interactive kiosks in existence that have touch screens and
>> use Flash far outweigh those that use HTML or Cocoa.
>>
> Concerning the number of crashes of such kiosks, would you also say
> that Flash based apps outweigh html/cocoa based ones (in % of total
> kiosks available for each technology).
>
> It always makes me laugh when I see, the automatic train ticket
> distributor crashed, and usually it runs on windows.

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

Kevin Newman
The Kiosk software I've seen wraps IE (and usually only IE 6) with
Windows on Dell hardware - so no, it's not fair to blame Flash.

Kevin N.

On 5/14/10 8:10 AM, Thomas wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> The number of interactive kiosks in existence that have touch screens and
>> use Flash far outweigh those that use HTML or Cocoa.
>>
> Concerning the number of crashes of such kiosks, would you also say
> that Flash based apps outweigh html/cocoa based ones (in % of total
> kiosks available for each technology).
>
> It always makes me laugh when I see, the automatic train ticket
> distributor crashed, and usually it runs on windows.

Re: Adobe mentions haXe

guy-françois
Le 15/05/2010 20:53, Kevin Newman a écrit :

> The Kiosk software I've seen wraps IE (and usually only IE 6) with
> Windows on Dell hardware - so no, it's not fair to blame Flash.
>
> Kevin N.
>

> On 5/14/10 8:10 AM, Thomas wrote:
>> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Lee McColl Sylvester
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> The number of interactive kiosks in existence that have touch
>>> screens and
>>> use Flash far outweigh those that use HTML or Cocoa.
>> Concerning the number of crashes of such kiosks, would you also say
>> that Flash based apps outweigh html/cocoa based ones (in % of total
>> kiosks available for each technology).
>>
>> It always makes me laugh when I see, the automatic train ticket
>> distributor crashed, and usually it runs on windows.

And, personnaly, I embed my kiosk flash soft in swhx exe :p