About how many haXe programmers are there?

About how many haXe programmers are there?

Rezmason
Hey guys,

I'm still preparing for that haXe workshop. I was just wondering if we have any estimate for the size of our community. How big is the mailing list, for instance?

-Jeremy

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 05/06/2011 17:18, Jeremy Sachs a écrit :
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm still preparing for that haXe workshop. I was just wondering if we have any estimate for the size of our community. How big is the mailing list, for instance?

There's almost 850 subscribers to the mailing list and more than 4100
haxe.org wiki accounts.

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

Baluta Cristian
yeah, i was once in trouble finding my password, but ended up that the username wasn't correct.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm surprised there are so many wiki accounts, maybe that's because everybody keeps forgetting their passwords :P

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 05/06/2011 17:18, Jeremy Sachs a écrit :

Hey guys,

I'm still preparing for that haXe workshop. I was just wondering if we have any estimate for the size of our community. How big is the mailing list, for instance?

There's almost 850 subscribers to the mailing list and more than 4100 haxe.org wiki accounts.

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

go2ghana
Am 06.06.2011 02:32, schrieb [hidden email]:
> You need a wiki account to post a question on the forum, so anyone who
> posted a single question on the forum when trying haxe out will have a
> wiki account, the users that stay interested in haxe move on to the
> mailing list, obviously this was not true before the forum but suspect
> it explains the statistics. Currently there is a linux user an the
> forum struggling to setup neko for his version of linux if someone can
> point him the right direction that would be good.
Am interested and just tried to see what his problem might be but could
not find it on the forum -  is there any direct link?

Cordially,
Axel

> We discussed changing the forum to a group or something in the recent
> haxecon, whats happening on this front, is this on hold till the new
> site design?
>
> Cheers ;j
>

> On 5 Jun 2011, at 20:33, Adrian Cowan wrote:
>
>> I'm surprised there are so many wiki accounts, maybe that's because
>> everybody keeps forgetting their passwords :P
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Nicolas Cannasse
>>
>>     Le 05/06/2011 17:18, Jeremy Sachs a écrit :
>>
>>         Hey guys,
>>
>>         I'm still preparing for that haXe workshop. I was just
>>         wondering if we have any estimate for the size of our
>>         community. How big is the mailing list, for instance?
>>

>>     There's almost 850 subscribers to the mailing list and more than
>>     4100 haxe.org <http://haxe.org> wiki accounts.
>>
>>     Best,
>>     Nicolas
>>

>>     --
>>     haXe - an open source web programming language
>>     http://haxe.org

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

jlm@justinfront.net
Axel

> Am interested and just tried to see what his problem might be but
> could not find it on the forum -  is there any direct link?

sorry it was cpp and ubuntu
http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3016

cheers ;j

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

laurence taylor
Was thinking about this, and:

The total world's population of Haskell programmers fits in a 747. And if that goes down, nobody would even notice.
-- Erik Meijer
[source]

Does he mean the number, or the 747?

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Axel
>
>> Am interested and just tried to see what his problem might be but could
>> not find it on the forum -  is there any direct link?
>
> sorry it was cpp and ubuntu
> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3016
>

> cheers ;j

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

tom rhodes
would be difficult for the number 747 to "go down", it would throw out any calculation based on anything >= 747 ;)

On 6 June 2011 22:16, laurence taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Was thinking about this, and:

The total world's population of Haskell programmers fits in a 747. And if that goes down, nobody would even notice.
-- Erik Meijer
[source]

Does he mean the number, or the 747?

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Axel
>
>> Am interested and just tried to see what his problem might be but could
>> not find it on the forum -  is there any direct link?
>
> sorry it was cpp and ubuntu
> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3016
>

> cheers ;j

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

laurence taylor
programmers.length, you plank :)

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:30 PM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
would be difficult for the number 747 to "go down", it would throw out any calculation based on anything >= 747 ;)

On 6 June 2011 22:16, laurence taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Was thinking about this, and:

The total world's population of Haskell programmers fits in a 747. And if that goes down, nobody would even notice.
-- Erik Meijer
[source]

Does he mean the number, or the 747?

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Axel
>
>> Am interested and just tried to see what his problem might be but could
>> not find it on the forum -  is there any direct link?
>
> sorry it was cpp and ubuntu
> http://haxe.org/forum/thread/3016
>

> cheers ;j

Re: About how many haXe programmers are there?

tom rhodes
;)