A strange nekoserver error

shalmoo
It happens on some computers and only 10% of requests. Invalid char. OK, if it is an invalid char, why does it throw an exception only sometimes? Why other, previous requests are handled without any problem, although they are the same requests? Here is a screenshot:

Does anyone know, what could this be?

Re: A strange nekoserver error

John Plsek
I get that 6 seconds after accessing via Firefox, 15 seconds after accessing via Chrome, and about 60 seconds after accessing via IE9 ... every single time

Any request that isn't a GET POST PUT HEAD or DELETE will crash nekoserver

I reported this error 4 weeks ago on nekovm repository - http://code.google.com/p/nekovm/issues/detail?id=3 - with a patch that works, and wont crash the server just because of an unknown request type (GET POST etc) - unknown request types will just be ignored

Seems it's been ignored though

Regards

John

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/file/n6883284/nekoserverError.gif
Does anyone know, what could this be?

Re: A strange nekoserver error

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 12/10/2011 04:42, John Plsek a écrit :

> I get that 6 seconds after accessing via Firefox, 15 seconds after
> accessing via Chrome, and about 60 seconds after accessing via IE9 ...
> every single time
>
> Any request that isn't a GET POST PUT HEAD or DELETE will crash nekoserver
>
> I reported this error *4 weeks ago* on nekovm repository -
> http://code.google.com/p/nekovm/issues/detail?id=3 - with a patch that
> works, and wont crash the server just because of an unknown request type
> (GET POST etc) - unknown request types will just be ignored
>
> Seems it's been ignored though

Sorry I've overlooked it, too bad it couldn't make it for 1.8.2 release.
I've been patching WebServer.nml, should be ok now could you confirm ?

Re: A strange nekoserver error

John Plsek
You didn't use the whole patch

just allowing those other headers doesn't actually fix the issue - I tried to fix it by adding those first - I have NO idea what these damn new browsers send!!

But, in any case, a "bad" request should not bomb the server - which is what the rest of the patch does - ignores (and shutsdown the socket) any malformed request. By request, I mean, lets say someone starts pumping binary data to that port - connection should close, but not stop nekoserver

I will check the patched version, but I'm fairly sure it wont fix the whole issue

Regards

John

On 12 October 2011 19:18, Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le 12/10/2011 04:42, John Plsek a écrit :
I get that 6 seconds after accessing via Firefox, 15 seconds after
accessing via Chrome, and about 60 seconds after accessing via IE9 ...
every single time

Any request that isn't a GET POST PUT HEAD or DELETE will crash nekoserver

I reported this error *4 weeks ago* on nekovm repository -

http://code.google.com/p/nekovm/issues/detail?id=3 - with a patch that
works, and wont crash the server just because of an unknown request type
(GET POST etc) - unknown request types will just be ignored

Seems it's been ignored though

Sorry I've overlooked it, too bad it couldn't make it for 1.8.2 release.
I've been patching WebServer.nml, should be ok now could you confirm ?

Re: A strange nekoserver error

shalmoo
Nicolas have fixed it, but I just don't get how shoud l I install and use this fix?.. I have checked out the latest SVN trunk from googlecode, and now what - do I have to compile it? How - with oCaml or what? I apologize for such a trivial questions.