64bits and compiling from sources

Juan Delgado
Hi there,

I'm trying to build a very simple utility to run on my Dreamhost
server. Once compiled in my box and uploaded, I get a segmentation
fault error. I'm guessing this probably has to do with the server
being 64 bits.

So I've installed a virtual Ubuntu 9.10 64 and tried to compile from
sources following these:

http://haxe.org/doc/build/haxe_ubuntu_build
http://haxe.org/doc/haxelib/building_haxelib
http://haxe.org/doc/build/neko_linux

It seems that everything works, but I'm having trouble with haxelib.
It seems to compile, but when I run haxelib setup, i get:

"Failed to create directory '/usr/lib/haxe/lib' (std@sys_create_dir),
maybe you need appropriate user rights"

Running sudo haxelib setup doesn't make a difference. I've also gotten
runtime errors failing to load std.ndll.

Tried as well running haxe haxelib.hxml in the haxelib source folder
with similar results.

Last, I've tried using what it comes in Synaptic for Ubuntu 64 bits
and got pretty much the same or weirder errors. The standard haxe
installer from the website doesn't run on 64 bits either.

Any special tricks to compile in 64 bits?  Also, any reason why those
scripts are still using the old CVS?

Cheers,

Juan

--
Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv

Re: 64bits and compiling from sources

François Rey
I'm using 64bit Arch linux which is a binary distribution but has
special repository where additional packages can be created (binary or
source). The haxe package is from source, you can look at the package
script here:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/haxe/haxe/PKGBUILD
The only relevant lines would be:
   ## Uncomment the following if you have neko installed and want to build
   ## haxedoc and haxelib, too.
   #export HAXE_LIBRARY_PATH="haxe/std:."
   #bin/haxe haxe/std/tools/haxedoc/haxedoc.hxml
   #bin/haxe haxe/std/tools/haxelib/haxelib.hxml
   #cp haxedoc haxelib ${pkgdir}/usr/bin/

Don't think it would help you though, except that it says neko as to
be installed/compiled first.
Here is neko's package script:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/neko/neko/PKGBUILD

Good luck

Go

Re: 64bits and compiling from sources

Go
@juan - Hi, I have troubles installing neko on 32 bit Ubuntu. Everything regarding haxe on my system was build from source. So, first you need to install and congifure neko-vm. Then you need to install your haxe - I use the same links you put. My problem was with mod_tora for apache server - throws different errors, I don't remeber them now.

However, running ldconfig fix the problem - I see, where the system searches in different places necessary libs and move them.

On my 64 bit ubuntu I isntall neko/ haxe from Synaptic.