3d in flash 10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

3d in flash 10

Baluta Cristian
I'm trying my first 3d effect in haxe compiled to flash 10.
Any property from z, scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ is causing my object to disapear from stage. is there a bug or i'm missing something?
Thanks.

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 3d in flash 10

Blue Sans douze
Could you show us some code which doesn't work ?

I've done that in flash 10 (haXe) :
http://blog.blue112.eu/charge.php?url=lineup3 (use with keyboard arraws)
There's no bug as far as I know.

--Blue112

2009/6/12 Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
I'm trying my first 3d effect in haxe compiled to flash 10.
Any property from z, scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ is causing my object to disapear from stage. is there a bug or i'm missing something?
Thanks.

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 3d in flash 10

Hudson Ansley
In reply to this post by Baluta Cristian
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Baluta Cristian<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying my first 3d effect in haxe compiled to flash 10.
> Any property from z, scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ is causing my object to disapear
> from stage. is there a bug or i'm missing something?
> Thanks.
>

If the effect is on text that is not embedded, it would fail to render
when transformed, so please explain what you are putting the 3D effect
on.

Regards,
Hudson

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 3d in flash 10

jlm@justinfront.net
In reply to this post by Blue Sans douze
Cool, I have done a lot less I just tried it out to see if it was difficult.
I still mean to write some notes around the example, so if you have a question then I can add notes around that, but your prob already way advanced, but if not try modifying mine or someone elses, as with all 3D it is easy to set stuff up so that it does not show on screen. So worth modifying something that already works (simpler the better).  I often start a 3D papervision with an old project so I know that it works.  Otherwise you build it and get a blank screen and then where do you go.  Nicolas has an example on his blog you could also look at.

;j



On 12 Jun 2009, at 01:31, Blue Sans douze wrote:

Could you show us some code which doesn't work ?

I've done that in flash 10 (haXe) :
http://blog.blue112.eu/charge.php?url=lineup3 (use with keyboard arraws)
There's no bug as far as I know.

--Blue112

2009/6/12 Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
I'm trying my first 3d effect in haxe compiled to flash 10.
Any property from z, scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ is causing my object to disapear from stage. is there a bug or i'm missing something?
Thanks.

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 3d in flash 10

Baluta Cristian
Thank you guys, as i was preparing some code to show you, i wanted to remove all that has to do with external classes, and i found the problem. The object dissapear if i'm adding it to stage as i always do, i have a static class Scena with a method addChild that is adding the objects to flash.Lib.current.stage.
i've added it to flash.Lib.current and is working.

I'm not sure why i decided to use the stage some time ago but i had a similar problem with fonts, if you directly add a textfield to stage will not show. Now i have a class for it and is staying in a Sprite, so is always showing no matter where i add it. But with this object that is also in a sprite is not working because of the 3D rotation.

So, generally is a good habit to use only flash.Lib.current?


On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Justin Lawerance Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool, I have done a lot less I just tried it out to see if it was difficult.
I still mean to write some notes around the example, so if you have a question then I can add notes around that, but your prob already way advanced, but if not try modifying mine or someone elses, as with all 3D it is easy to set stuff up so that it does not show on screen. So worth modifying something that already works (simpler the better).  I often start a 3D papervision with an old project so I know that it works.  Otherwise you build it and get a blank screen and then where do you go.  Nicolas has an example on his blog you could also look at.

;j



On 12 Jun 2009, at 01:31, Blue Sans douze wrote:

Could you show us some code which doesn't work ?

I've done that in flash 10 (haXe) :
http://blog.blue112.eu/charge.php?url=lineup3 (use with keyboard arraws)
There's no bug as far as I know.

--Blue112

2009/6/12 Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]>
I'm trying my first 3d effect in haxe compiled to flash 10.
Any property from z, scaleX, scaleY, scaleZ is causing my object to disapear from stage. is there a bug or i'm missing something?
Thanks.

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 3d in flash 10

makc
In reply to this post by Hudson Ansley
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Hudson Ansley<[hidden email]> wrote:
> If the effect is on text that is not embedded, it would fail to render
> when transformed, so please explain what you are putting the 3D effect
> on.

some properties like rotationY surely work with non-embedded text

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org